Wednesday, March 18, 2009

General Blog Information

Someone asked how to remove a post if they wanted to do so. The answer is people who comment on here cannot remove a post once it is "out there" on the blog. I am the administrator of the Blog and only I can remove a post once it is posted. Another reason to think before you post.

Also, someone else asked about the ads. That is just me fooling around with templates and layouts. The ads come up through this system. It is just part of the process. Sorry about that but advertising is everywhere now. The way of the world.

If local businesses advertised with Google through a program called "Adwords" the local ads would start showing up here. Google the topic "Adwords" for more information on how this system works.

I like to see if there changes or updates in tech I like the look of on the blog. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. What can I say. It is what it is.

Also I get suggestions for blog postings from people so I am going to occasionally just post a heading for a topic people would like to see discussed.

As for local establishments, if you are having an event you would like to see posted on here you can always just email me. The address is up in the right corner of the Blog.

Thanks,
The Chief

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the ads Chief, when they are on the side column. If you can make some wampum from the Inquisitor, more power to you!

Chief Highknocker said...

yeah, I didn't like them either but I hadn't had a chance to actually see the new layout. I was busy doing several things at once and just tried out the format without previewing it. I get many of the comments in my email box without seeing the blog. When I saw the blog I understood what you meant. I always like the feedback.

Anonymous said...

Chief, how about a post on the Green Lake wind turbine issue? This week’s local newspaper says there's a big project being considered somewhere near Green Lake.

Green Lake Zobel Park Rec Fund

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
You aren't local until you have at least three generations in the cemetery.