Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Do you know these women or where this picture was taken?



One of the reasons I started blogging was because of the historical aspects of the area I could put online. I never really intended to become the online Sound Off column. I do like the fact that people have a place to vent and let off steam though.

So in that vein I posted this picture because I thought some people would get some amusement from this blog other than complaining about the Christmas Tree lights or the neighbors dog, etc. These ladies were all very involved in community from the 1920's on. One of them recently died at 104 in Ripon. Have fun seeing if you know who they are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

last time I saw them-- they were all liquored up at the Rib....

Anonymous said...

8:24 AM What an inappropriate thing to say. I guess that is your type of humor, but I find it insulting on this blog!

Anonymous said...

The picture is charming, but I am having a hard time figuring out who they are for sure. Thanks for posting it, chief!

Anonymous said...

the first one is Kate Grout, Jerry Grout's mother.

Anonymous said...

I think the sixth one in is Isabelle Bumby.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a group of Green Lake Mariners (cerca 1950) if I ever saw one. See History of Beautiful GL pp. 314.

Green Lake Zobel Park Rec Fund

About Me

My photo
You aren't local until you have at least three generations in the cemetery.